Last modified: [2023/02/01]
Hawaii HIS Corporation (“We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website that [provides the latest news and information about Hawaii ((https://www.hishawaii.net/)) (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect
- On our Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by :
- Use offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Website.
Children Under the Age of 16
Other than Company, no other operators collect or maintain personal information from children through our Website. Please direct any inquiries about any third party operator’s privacy practices and use of children’s information to the operator at its contact information provided.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information :
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name (first name or first initial and last name), full mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, gender, date of birth, or credit or debit card number.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through our Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, Google Analytics, and other tracking technologies.
- From third-parties that interact with us in connection with the products and/or services that we offer to you. For example, third party entities that assist us in sending direct and electronic mail, removing duplicate information from user lists, analyzing data, and providing marketing analysis.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide when filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data,location data,logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically include personal information, and we may combine non-personal information we collect through these technologies with personal information about you that we collect online. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website [and our emails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company to, for example, to count users who have visited those pages [or opened an email] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to track website traffic. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our websites. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. We also encourage you to review Google’s policy for safeguarding your data: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you share your personal information to register on our Website, we will use that personal information to complete such registration. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
We may also use your information to contact you about and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please [check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form) /opt-out upon receipt of our online magazine or email. For more information, see the “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” section of this policy. We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Hawaii HIS Corporation’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Hawaii HIS Corporation about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hawaii HIS Corporation, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to disclose your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your [email address/contact information] used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data the order form. or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt-out option does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way; we therefore advise you to review the privacy policies of those third-party sites.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please know that we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
Accessing and Correcting/Deleting Your Information
You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California residents may have additional Personal Information rights and choices. Please see “Privacy Provisions for California Residents” for more information.
|Privacy Provisions for California Residents|
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular CA User or device (as used in this context, “personal information”). In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from CA Users within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, telephone number, or other similar identifiers.||YES||12 month|
|B. Any personal information listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, postal address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license, or State identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||YES||12 month|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||YES||12 month|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES||12 month|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a CA User’s interaction with an Internet website, application or advertisement.||YES||12 month|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||NO|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||NO|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||NO|
|L. Sensitive personal information.||Social security, driver’s license, State identification card, or passport number; account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account; precise geolocation; racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life or sexual orientation; contents of mail, email and text messages; genetic data and biometric information; and health-related information.||NO|
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from federal, state, or local government records.
- De-identified or aggregated CA User information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data; and
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources (with the specific categories of personal information indicated in parenthesis):
- Directly from our CA Users, such as when our CA Users register on our Website or has an inquiry. (A,B,C,D and F)
- Directly and indirectly from activity on the Website. This includes information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. In addition, we obtain certain Website usage details and analytics as same are collected automatically by us. F
- From third parties that interact with us in connection with the products and/or services that we offer to our CA Users. For example, third party entities that assist us in sending direct and electronic mail, removing duplicate information from CA User lists, analyzing data and providing marketing analysis. A,B,C,D and F